FORUMS: list search recent posts

HM700 Streaming

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Kent
HM700 Streaming
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:41:43 pm

Hi all,
Long time reader first time disgruntled poster.

What i am attempting to do is stream live from location with a JVC hm700 via firewire to a macbook pro with wirecast and ustream.

Firewire 400 out of the camera and firewire 800 (only option) into the mac.

I can not get the mac to even recognize that the camera is plugged in though firewire. USB isnt an option because its for file transfer only.

I have tried to view the camera with multiple sources (FCP, imovie, wirecast) System profiler doesnt show that anything is connected.

Has anyone gotten this to work without having to purchase a extremely expensive IO?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Return to posts index

Matthew Kent
Re: HM700 Streaming
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:59:37 pm

The Macbook Pro is a 2.88 with 4GB of ram. Video Cards are NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated and NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. Should have no problem pushing this.

Matthew Kent
Assistant Technical Director dctv23

Return to posts index

Matthew Kent
on Apr 27, 2011 at 11:47:32 pm

Just in case anyone is looking for this. You have to set the camera to 720p 30SP to stream from the camera.

Matthew Kent

Return to posts index

cliff jenkins
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:38:35 pm

Matthew-

So you can stream natively from the JVC GY-HM 700 into the computer without a canopus or like hardware?

Return to posts index

Matthew Kent
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:55:20 pm

I've been doing it for a year and a half now using Ustream. At the 720 30SP setting only does the camera allow you to natively stream though firewire. For Ustream the audio will follow the video, other programs such as vidblaster need a separate input. You also have the HD/SD setting next to the firewire port that you can change from a 4:3 to a 16:9 aspect.

Matthew Kent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]