FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM700 u

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Arboleda
JVC GY-HM700 u
on Feb 9, 2010 at 7:33:56 pm

Hi every body

I thinking in buying this JVC model, but i´m worried about climatical conditions because i live in Barranquilla and our humidity is 80% and more almost every day of the year , other thing is the extreme temp. (42F), is this camera capable of hard work in this conditions? we had experience with the 110 model, but is not very good one, please, if some body nows about this. thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Leyse
Re: JVC GY-HM700 u
on Feb 12, 2010 at 2:21:46 pm

David,

I've used the GY-HM700 in some extreme temperatures.
- In a Texas stone quarry in 100 degree heat and direct sun with a rain slick on to protect from dust. The camera was almost to hot to touch and it worked all day. The photographers still camera kept powering down due to the heat.
- I just filmed outdoors for over an hour in 19 degree cold and the camera worked great.

I haven't yet worked in extreme humidity but I am taking it to SE Asia in a couple weeks, so I may have something to report on in March. The overall big difference is that the 700 is not tape based so there are no heads and tape mechanism to be effected by temperature and humidity. Overall, I would say it will perform much better than the 100 because it is shooting on cards instead of tape.
Thanks
Jon

Jon Leyse
Crash 31, LLC
http://www.crash31.com

Return to posts index

David Arboleda
Re: JVC GY-HM700 u
on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:26:35 pm

Thanks jhon for your response, we are ready to buy this cameras, but another cuestion that we have is how to do the script after the recording, is it directly at the edition unit or in the camera, how you do it? or were? do you need a computer to do it? is there a program to make it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]