FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera and Batteries

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Calhoun
Camera and Batteries
on Jan 12, 2010 at 10:45:33 pm

Hi all, I'm in the process of deciding on the JVC GY-HM700UXT or Sony EX3 and am curious what your thoughts are and what batteries you use on the JVC 700.

Any input on the cameras and batteries is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Doug Calhoun
Re: Camera and Batteries
on Jan 14, 2010 at 12:35:14 am

okay IDX Enduras and simultaneous charger. On the JVC, how about the Canon 14X vs Fujonon 17X, any input?

Return to posts index

Piotr Niemcewicz
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:26:06 pm

i use CityTek batteries - low prices high campacity (China productions)

iDX is very very good batteries and very very high prices.

iDX is low weight, good for JVC camcorder

i use iDX in local TV station, always take digital Beta and 2 idx batteries (and marge this batteries)

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:43:05 pm

If you're getting IDX batteries, I assume you're in Europe? The HM700 is sold with an Anton Bauer mount in North America.

Regarding the lens, it just depends on what you need. The Fujinon is a very good zoom lens with a good track record on their HD200 and HD250 cameras, and it has a bit more zoom length than the Canon. The Canon is a bit wider, and it breathes just as much if not more than the Fujinon.

--
Meteor Tower Films
Video creations for music, art, & theater.
http://meteortower.com/

Return to posts index

Doug Calhoun
on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:38:57 pm

Thanks Piotr and Ryan.

Ryan,

The reseller likes the IDX batt solution better although I know it comes with the AB mount. His selling point is that the IDX can be piggybacked which may be more beneficial as I can just add another batt on if I'm shooting something critical and don't want to power down/switch and carry on. I realize it may be a bit unbalanced at that point.

Also the PVS2 mounting plate has a similar tap to the AB, I know they're both good gear.

I've read, until now, that the Canon had fewer breathing problems although the extra zoom on the Fuji would suit me for my work. The majority of footage is outdoor action/seminar.

Any other input is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]