FORUMS: list search recent posts

.mov files in Adobe Premiere

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofer Geva
.mov files in Adobe Premiere
on Jan 3, 2010 at 8:14:09 am

I don't know whether this post should be here or under Adobe Premiere's posts but here I go:
Everybody seems so woried about the jvc 700 not wrighting .mp4 files without the SxS component.
-Wouldn't the jvc hm-700's .mov files work on Adobe Premiere?

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: .mov files in Adobe Premiere
on Jan 3, 2010 at 7:32:56 pm

JVC's firmware update in late September enabled recording .MP4 to SDHC cards from the camera without the SxS recorder.

Return to posts index

Ofer Geva
on Jan 3, 2010 at 8:48:50 pm

Thats good news, and yet, jest out of curiosity- couldn't Adobe Premiere Pro operate the hm700's .mov files?

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Jan 3, 2010 at 8:56:17 pm

[Ofer Geva] "...jest out of curiosity- couldn't Adobe Premiere Pro operate the hm700's .mov files?
"

According to this article on dvinfo.net by Tim Dashwood, yes, Adobe Premiere will work well with the .mov QuickTime-wrapped XDCAM EX video:
The marketing for the HM700 suggests that the Quicktime XDCAM EX .MOV files will only be compatible with Apple’s Final Cut Pro, but the truth is that by simply downloading and installing the free open-source Perian XDCAM Quicktime component, the files can be read by most other Quicktime compatible applications. After installing the open-source XDCAM component I easily opened and imported the Quicktime clips I shot into Premiere Pro CS4, Media 100 Producer & Quicktime Player using an off-the-shelf Macbook that had never had FCP installed. To work with the XDCAM EX .MOV files in Windows I recommend Calibrated Software’s XD Decode. I was able to open the HM700 Quicktime files in the Windows XP version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 after XD Decode was installed.

Return to posts index

Ofer Geva
on Jan 3, 2010 at 11:25:14 pm

Thank you very much. That's basicly what I thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]