FORUMS: list search recent posts

GZ-HD30 Confusion

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toby Faux
GZ-HD30 Confusion
on Jan 2, 2010 at 4:38:09 am

Hey there!
I'm new to the world of digital video and I recently picked up a JVC Everio GZ-HD30. I've heard nothing but praise for the camera from sites like PC World and I'm very happy with the image quality. However, there are a couple of things I'm a bit confused about.
The camera records at "1080/50P" (which I'm assuming is 1080p50) in either an AVCHD or MPEG2 format. I usually record in AVCHD because CS4 doesn't like TOD files. Anyway, when I play the videos back on my computer, the footage is clearly interlaced.
I'm wondering why/if the camera is interlacing 1080p footage and if I can/should do anything to reverse the process without any reduction in image quality. I know it's possible to seperate fields in After Effects but I'm not sure if the program is interpolating every second line while rendering.
I understand that this is very likely a gross misunderstanding of the digital medium on my part and I blame this on my inexperience/limited comprehension of the subject. Regardless, I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]