FORUMS: list search recent posts

ARGH - Need help with GY-HD100U 60 to 24fps problem

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Lemkin
ARGH - Need help with GY-HD100U 60 to 24fps problem
on Dec 17, 2009 at 6:43:02 pm

I'm sure this topic has been covered years ago, but I need some help with some disk based 60 fps material that was shot on a GY-HD100U. Each file contain a 1.5 hour concert performance.

On disk each file has a .mpg and a .xmp file. I can not open, import or log and transfer with FCP 6.05 at all.

I opened the mpg files in MPEG Streamclip where they played perfectly. I exported the same frame rate (59.94) and frame size (1280x720, although I'm not sure if that's the native pixel count or not) to ProRes HQ.

The Quicktime files play fine. My next thought was to try to extract the 23.98. So I tried to conform in Cinema Tools.

Oops. Now my 90 minute 100 GB clip opens as a 4.5 hour clip SLOWED DOWN to 23.98. It was a 6 hour render to create the clip so I am loath to do it again. I desperately need help with 2 areas.

1. Is there a better way to do this? I'm guessing there is. Can I extract the 24 from the 59.94?

2. Is there any way to reverse the conform that was done in Cinema Tools. CT will only let me reconform to 30, 25, 24, 23.98not 59.94. I know all CT did was rewrite the QT header and not change any of the media. Are there any tools to reset the frame rate to 59.94?

Thanks,
Gregory Lemkin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]