FORUMS: list search recent posts

HM 100U Problem

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Kidder
HM 100U Problem
on Dec 17, 2009 at 1:32:43 am

We purchased an HM100U from Calumet a couple weeks ago along with a bunch of their "Prospec" 4GB SDHC Class 6 cards. We shot some footage (1080i) and upon playback we immediately noticed errors in the footage (pixelated horizontal lines...see attached sample) and eventually got an error message on screen that "playback failed."

Looked at the QT clips and the errors are actually in the files. see screen shot.

Thinking that it must be the cards, we got a Sandisk Extreme III Class 6 card rated at 20 MByte/sec. (which should be plenty fast for a 35 mbit/sec data rate) and the same thing happened with this card. WTF?

So, at this point we figured it had to be the camera and exchanged it for a new one. To our great sadness the new camera does the same thing!

Seems crazy that we'd get 2 bad cameras but equally odd that 2 different brands of class 6 cards could be bad.

The errors/artifacts seem to occur in all different lighting situations but do not seem to happen in 1280x720 mode.

Been on the phone with JVC and they're sending us some cards that they have tested and know to be good so we can figure out if it's the cards or the camera

Anybody have a similar experience or any advice?

Thanks.

Nat

Return to posts index

Nat Kidder
Re: HM 100U Problem
on Dec 17, 2009 at 5:19:37 pm

here's a screen shot of what the horizontal pixelated lines looks like.

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Dec 17, 2009 at 7:08:14 pm

Hi Nat --

I use the SanDisk Extreme III cards (actually class 10) and haven't had an issue yet -- I'd be very interested in hearing what JVC finds out about your camera. Thanks for posting this.

Return to posts index

Andy Urtusuastegui
on Dec 24, 2009 at 4:57:24 am

Wow, that is bad. I bet it is the camera. I have had 0 problems with my HM100U. I have used many different cards and shot in 1080i, 1080p24, 720p60

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]