FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is difference between digital master minidv cassette

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandeep singh
What is difference between digital master minidv cassette
on Dec 9, 2009 at 10:15:42 am

Recently on a shoot we had used Digital maser cassette which was twice the cost of regular hdv minidv cassette and also would like to know if there is in cassettes even between the manufacturer of the cassette.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Lou Caputo
Re: What is difference between digital master minidv cassette
on Dec 9, 2009 at 12:49:48 pm

Well, they cost twice as much, that's a difference, right?

Seriously, I've never used the "master" cassette and seen a discernible difference. I'm sure they're better made and others here ill give you all sorts of statistics on how they are totally worth it, but my eyes and the eyes of my clients are my gauge of "better"...and we don't see it.

Return to posts index

mandeep singh
on Dec 9, 2009 at 2:01:46 pm

Hahaha thanks Mr. Lou Caputo , that means i was right because i have seen both the footage of a digital master and a normal hdv cassette and i havnt seen a single pixel difference. And then the price is its only difference.

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Dec 9, 2009 at 5:49:50 pm

There's no difference in the information recorded. Higher-quality HDV cassettes are less likely to have dropouts, and are more likely to be readable after sitting in storage for a year or two. This has been discussed several times in the HDV forum -- you can read some of those threads for more info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]