FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just got our GY-HM100

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lou Caputo
Just got our GY-HM100
on Nov 24, 2009 at 1:23:14 pm

We just bought a GY-HM100 off ebay (dealer demo) as a b camera (well c camera really) to go with the GY-HM700's we're getting next week. After just playing with it a bit, I can tell you that it is definitely worth the price of admission. We have a Sony A1U and a Z1U and this camera is like a hybrid of the two. It's bigger than the A1, but smaller than the Z1 and it just might shoot a BETTER picture than both. It certainly gives you more latitude when it comes to gamma curve and overall "painting" of the image. Plus, the SDHC cards are awesome and make the workflow smooth and fast. We're using it on a shoot tomorrow, I'll post some clips if I can.

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: Just got our GY-HM100
on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:17:59 pm

Hey Lou,

How well does the HM100 footage mesh with the HM700 footage?

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:36:51 pm

We just got our first 700 delivered yesterday, so we haven't had a chance to shoot much with it yet. I think next week we're going to do a shootout between the Sony Z1U, A1U and the JVC GY-HM700 and 100, just to see how they all compare. I know it's not really apples to apples, but I can't resist.

Return to posts index

Raymond Singer
on Dec 12, 2009 at 12:49:38 am

Looking forward to that shootout. Please post some video if you can. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
on Dec 12, 2009 at 2:18:48 am

It's coming Ray...we need a down day to get them all together.

Return to posts index

Raymond Singer
on Dec 23, 2009 at 2:09:05 am

Good to have work. Always. A question though: I've played a bit with the 700 and have found it difficult to get perfect focus using the eyepiece. Maybe it's my glasses or the eyepiece might not have been adjusted properly, but even with the focus assist, I'm nervous about getting reliable sharp focus. Can you share your experience? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
on Dec 23, 2009 at 4:26:36 pm

Is your diopter adjusted properly? While I haven't had a problem achieving focus, I do find myself using the focus assist quite a bit, so maybe there is something going on there.

On a side note, we did a 3 camera shoot yesterday for an interview with our two 700's for our singles and the 100 as the wide. I don't know how much, if any, we will be using the footage from the 100, but it'll be interesting to see how it will match. Of course, I know we'll have to dial it in, but once it's editing I'll post a clip. Should be just after the new year.

Happy Holidays!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]