FORUMS: list search recent posts

To acquire from camera or tape player

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandeep singh
To acquire from camera or tape player
on Nov 12, 2009 at 1:11:45 pm

Hello I am new to hdv format so i want to know that i had shot on a jvc 251 camera in hdv mode . I had some minutes of movie done in 60fps too.
Now the camera n tape rentals guys are advicing to acquire the footage from the camera rgb output , they say tape player aquisition is of less quality. Now i want to know from real pros that what is the best way to get my footage from tapes, i want to work on adobe premiere so how to acquire the footage from tapes CAMERA / DECK s video or firewire. On fcp or intensity !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
Re: To acquire from camera or tape player
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:02:36 pm

We've never had ANY problem taking 1080i HDV footage into our Adobe system. Tape deck, camera, it doesn't matter, they all work great. Use the firewire and you'll have deck control too, even when using he camera as a VCR.

Return to posts index

mandeep singh
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:54:06 pm

Thanks Lou, So you mean there is absolutely no difference in acquiring from camera or the player . They will give same output. And what about acquiring from rgb ,firewire or svideo out, will the quality be same in all these options.

Return to posts index

mandeep singh
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:55:32 pm

Thanks Lou, So you mean there is absolutely no difference in acquiring from camera or the player . They will give same output. And what about acquiring from rgb ,firewire or svideo out, will the quality be same in all these options.And i would remind i am talking about 25p n 60p footage

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
on Nov 12, 2009 at 11:36:39 pm

There's no difference. If your computer has Firewire and you have a camera, just use that. If you have a VTR ( a deck) use that because it'll save wear on the tape heads in your camera. Either way, firewire will look just as good as the component when it comes to HDV, plus you get deck contol and audio all through one cable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]