FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HM700u and FCP 6

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Dery
JVC GY-HM700u and FCP 6
on Nov 7, 2009 at 2:40:36 am

NEED Help!

Just purchased the JVC GY-HM700u. It does work great with FCP. But I keep getting a message that the sequence settings do not match the clip settings.

I spoke with a JVC rep today and he didn't seem too helpful. He said my sequence setting should be XD CAM HD 1080 24p.

I so far have been shooting clips at 1280X720 at 24p. And I shoot them in Mov and not .mp4.

Here's my concern:

I need to find out the proper settings that the audio/video settings need to be in FCP.

Also, will I always get that message? It does give me the option to automatically correct it and it does. But that's a nuscence to always see that.

Again, please help!

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
Re: JVC GY-HM700u and FCP 6
on Nov 7, 2009 at 12:16:56 pm

There are no propper settings, only a variety of choices. It all depends on what format you want top shoot: 720p24 or 1080p24. Without that information not even a JVC guy can tell you how settings should be in FCP.

Return to posts index

Lou Caputo
Re: JVC GY-HM700u and FCP 6
on Nov 8, 2009 at 3:29:06 am

I saw this same message last week when we demo'ed a 700. In our case, the camera was set to shoot in 1080P and we were trying to review a clip on the SDHC card that was shot at 720. all we had to do was put the camera in the same record mode as the clip, and VIOLA, we could review the footage.

Now, if you're getting this message in FCP, it sounds to me like you're having a similar issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]