FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended SDHC configuration for JVC GY-HM700

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
Recommended SDHC configuration for JVC GY-HM700
on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:29:21 am

I'll be using the JVC GY-HM700 for an upcoming 2 day shoot. Any recommendations on which SDHC card (SanDisk ? Panasonic?) and which GB configuration I should use to shoot 1 three hour show on one day followed by 5 one hour shows the next? I know SanDisk has 3 different configurations, Ultra II, Extreme III and Extreme IV. Any suggestions based on personal experience? I plan to record in
1280 x720/60p.

Return to posts index

Jon Leyse
Re: commended SDHC configuration for JVC GY-HM700
on Oct 27, 2009 at 6:21:29 pm

Keith
I have had good luck with Transcend 16 GB and 32 GB cards. Much less expensive than Sandisk. The size does not really matter because you can hot swap out of the unused slot. A 16 GB card will hold 56 min at 1280x720 60p. If you need to get an hour on one card then you will need a 32 GB.
Jon

Jon Leyse
Crash 31, LLC
http://www.crash31.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Cogar
on Nov 4, 2009 at 3:28:18 pm

Hello Keith,

We have two 700s, one with 2 Panasonic 16GB cards and the other with 2 RiData 16GB cards. Both brands work great, but the Panasonic is way overpriced.

Please let us know how the Transcend cards perform if you choose them.

Regards,

Charlie Cogar

Return to posts index

Michael Brassert
on Apr 24, 2012 at 2:45:14 pm

I just had a 2 year old Transcend 16GB Class 6 fail during a shoot. The camera indicated "Invalid Media" after shooting for 20 minutes. I now have a 3.7GB file that will not open and cannot be repaired by the Digital Rebellion software. Treasured will most likely work. I tested the card by reformatting it and recording over the full card again with no problems but I don't trust it. I am retiring the card for file delivery. I am also going to replace all of my 24 Transcend cards with something else, maybe Lexar Pro cards. I cannot afford to lose footage. It has never happened to me before in over 30 years of shooting film, tape and digital media. This was my greatest fear in going tapeless and it has reared its ugly head.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]