FORUMS: list search recent posts

DTE Recorders for JVC GY-HD110U

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Grady
DTE Recorders for JVC GY-HD110U
on Oct 22, 2009 at 3:55:56 am

Hi,

I have a JVC GYHD110U and I'm exploring buying one of the Firestore type DTE recorders. My problems is in determining which units are compatible. It seems to me that any with firewire capability should work, but may not have all the features as one "especially for" this camera.

Am I right? Or, are there definite reasons some units will not work?

Thanks for any guidance.

Mark

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
Re: DTE Recorders for JVC GY-HD110U
on Oct 23, 2009 at 3:01:51 am

Well, Firestore seems to be one of the best options. Here are some pros and cons. We worked with the FS-4 Pro for 3 years without problem and still do. Get the larger batteries, it saves hassle.
Now, Firestore claimed that by upgrading the FS-4 you are able to shoot directly mov. files. This is not the case, you still have to go with m2t files. Only some models do that and not with all JVC cameras. Firestore refunded our upgrade (we worked with GY-HD200) but never updated their info for future users. Ask Firestore before purchase. Also we had to replace the firewire connector of the camera once. When you work in the field the connecting cable can break the connector in the camera easily.

Return to posts index

Chris Kennedy
Re: DTE Recorders for JVC GY-HD110U
on Nov 11, 2009 at 8:31:14 pm

Definitely get a firestore. I myself have a Jvc gy hd110u, and the firestore I have with it is the DR HD100 (it's actually designed for use with the JVC camera). I can shoot either .m2t or .mov. You can only shoot .mov if you have final cut pro 6 or higher. For some reason it's the only software with a quicktime hdv reader. So unfortunately I can only edit the .mov files on my mac, and not on my PC which has Avid (i can only use the .m2t files).

Still it's been worth every penny. Shooting both on tape and the firestore simultaneously for a hard copy & quick to edit files. As far as I know, it can capture whatever the camera puts out. The 110u can shoot 24/25/30p and it can capture those framerates. If you have the 200 you can shoot 1080i on it.

Hope this answers your question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]