FORUMS: list search recent posts

film look on my jvc gy-hd 100u

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremiah mosese
film look on my jvc gy-hd 100u
on Oct 11, 2009 at 5:08:03 pm

Hi everyone

I just bought new jvc gy-hd 100u, can't get my head around the settings i want to get film look field, anyone with steps how to tweak it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: film look on my jvc gy-hd 100u
on Oct 12, 2009 at 9:04:18 pm

I use "Truecolor" settings from Paul Ciccone available here:
http://www.paolociccone.com/hd100-calibration-3.html

For bright contrasty sunlight I have one of my user buttons set to +2 Black Stretch and always expose for highlights.

The ability of the JVC HD cameras to shoot true progressive scan (in a similar way to film frame capture) is an asset.

That said "Film Look" doesn't come from camera settings alone, often a "Film Look" setting in a camera is set to create a flat contrast image so it can be manipulated in post production. This is because of the inability of video camera chips to resolve the high contrast capabilities of film.

Most of the film look effect is created with good lighting and lens selection and settings (f stop and focal length).

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

jeremiah mosese
Re: film look on my jvc gy-hd 100u
on Oct 13, 2009 at 8:36:48 am

Thank you very much sir, info you gave its really on point, thank you

Return to posts index

jeremiah mosese
my jvc gy hd 100u displays warning msg
on Nov 2, 2009 at 8:17:36 am

my jvc gy hd 100u is displaying ....WARNING: 2300 LOADING FAILURE, and it can't play tape at all or record. can anyone help me out pls.

Return to posts index

jeremiah mosese
easy setup (fcp) settings on imac 20 inch for my jvc gy hd 100u
on Nov 13, 2009 at 7:18:41 am

Hi could you please help me out with proper setting for easy set up on final cut 5.0.4 for jvc gy hd 100u. also when i turn cinalike ON which i do like cause it gives me a very good depth look, it damages reds, they look more like pink. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]