FORUMS: list search recent posts

3 month old JVC GY HM700 with dead pixel already???

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Popolo
3 month old JVC GY HM700 with dead pixel already???
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:26:49 am

I bought two 700s a couple of months ago and I've been using one of them. The first time I used the second one, I found a dead pixel already (it jumps out during focus assist mode). This is my first foray into JVC products and I'm a little nervous now. Am I in for trouble?
I know it's under warranty, but I hate the idea of shipping it off already. I saw elsewhere in this forum about a way to access a menu to correct the issue. Is there such a method available for the 700?
Or does anyone have any advice about sending it back to JVC service (eg, is there a choice of where to send it?)
Thanks.
Anthony

Return to posts index

Marcello Mazzilli
Re: 3 month old JVC GY HM700 with dead pixel already???
on Oct 19, 2009 at 6:54:38 pm

I got it tooo.. You can take it away just by resetting it in the camera. If I remember you switch on the camera while holding the DISPLAY button. Then you select MENU while holding the FOCUS ASSIST BUTTON (the one on the side not the one on top).. and you get an enhanced menu with the option for killing dead pixels

siRoma di Marcello Mazzilli
Corporate video productions in Italy
http://www.siroma.com

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:44:46 pm

Yes, thanks. I found out how to do it after emailing a JVC engineer. I thought I only had one pixel dead, but when I ran that fix, it looked like 3 of them lit up during the fix. Nice to know that menu item!
Thanks
Anthony

Return to posts index

Thomas Whaley
on Mar 2, 2011 at 8:57:30 pm

Hi. I noticed that you had some dead pixels and used the advanced menu to clear them up. I got to that menu but all I get is a flashing cancel. Is it doing its thing? How long do I have to wait?

Best.
Tom

Thomas Whaley

Return to posts index

Paolo Esposito
on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:00:35 pm

Hi Thomas,

If cancel is blinking use the cursor to navigate to execute and then you are set. The blinking means you enabled the field in the menu, now navigate to the option you want which is the only other one, execute.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:19:18 pm

The blinking "cancel" just means that is what is selected. If you use the up/down or left/right (I forget which) the blinking "cancel" turns to a blinking "execute", then press the select button (center of the circle), and the process will start.

Return to posts index

Philip Stewart
on Jan 2, 2012 at 9:22:14 pm

Hi Anthony
Do you still have the instructions on how to delete dead pixels, as I have had a few problems with my JVC GY-HM700E and would prefer to fix the problem myself than to send away fpor repairs. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Jan 2, 2012 at 9:49:30 pm

Hi Phillip,
Here you go... You may want to print this out and keep it in your camera case for future reference. I've had to do it every six months or so. BTW, a good way to periodically check for dead pixels is to put the camera in focus assist mode, and turn off all the monitor displays(!) and pan the camera a little and they will jump out.

Here's the procedure for the 700...

-Set the camera to 720 60p HQ
-Turn the camera off
-While holding down the display button turn the camera on
-Press the Menu button while pressing the Focus Assist button (the FA button on the side, not on the handle)
-Advanced Menu will be displayed
-Select the Advanced Function Menu and then push the Set button
-Select Pixel Compensation and push the Set button
-Change the parameter to Execute (it will be blinking "cancel", use the right arrow to change it to "execute"), then push the Set button
-Pixel Compen Executing will appear
-Pixel Compen End will appear
-Reboot operation is required to reflect the pixel compensation data

That's it. Good luck!

Anthony Popolo
Sunnyside Entertainment

Return to posts index

Philip Stewart
on Jan 3, 2012 at 12:03:54 am

Hi Anthony

Many thanks for this, I really appreciate the help. Let me know if I can ever be of any help from this side of the planet.

Cheers

Philip
Dung Beetle Productions (Australia)

Return to posts index

Mike Johnson
on Oct 22, 2009 at 8:07:08 pm

Noticed a couple of dead pixels while shooting earlier this week. I can access the Advanced Function Menu, but cannot select the "Pixel Compen Det" option. I know on the HD200 you have to be in 24p mode, so I tried that with no luck. Any knowledge on what mode the HM700 has to be in to activate the pixel compensation option?

Mike Johnson

Final Cut Pro Editor

Drury Outdoors

http://www.druryoutdoors.com

View Mike Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Marcello Mazzilli
on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:13:50 pm

1280 x 720 60p HQ mode

siRoma di Marcello Mazzilli
Corporate video productions in Italy
http://www.siroma.com

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:20:23 am

I think the start up procedure on the 700 is a little different than the others as well. Here's the procedure for the 700 (I've done it and it works fine)...

Set the camera to 720 60p HQ

Turn the camera off

While holding down the display button turn the camera on

Press the Menu button while pressing the Focus Assist button

Advanced Menu will be displayed

Select the Advanced Function Menu and then push the Set button

Select Pixel Compensation and push the Set button

Change the parameter to Execute, then push the Set button

Pixel Compen Executing will appear

Pixel Compen End will appear

Reboot operation is required to reflect the pixel compensation data

Return to posts index

Paolo Esposito
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:52:05 am

Thanks for posting this, fixed my hot pixel in less than a minute!!!

Return to posts index

Chris Snowden
on Sep 9, 2013 at 4:27:21 pm

I have done this procedure three time. It works up to the point that it is supposed to say "pixel compen end" instead it say that I have to turn the camera off and back on but in the background it says error in red. When I power the computer down and back up the dead pixels are still there. I have made sure that it is set to 720 60. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Sep 9, 2013 at 5:25:51 pm

Hmm. Not sure. It sounds like you got the procedure right (most of it is just to get you to that advanced function). Just a couple of dummy checks here...You said you started at 720 60, that was HQ, correct? Also... When you get to the "pixel compensation" menu item, the "cancel" is blinking. Did you change it to "execute" (by pressing left/right or up/down arrow)? Once execute is blinking then press the center button. It should begin executing for a few seconds (the message "executing" appears), before the "complete...turn camera off.." message appears. I've never seen the "error" appear. Sorry I couldn't be more help. It may be worth tracking down a JVC service engineer for possible online help.
-Anthony

Anthony Popolo
Sunnyside Entertainment

Return to posts index

Francisco Vargas
Dead pixel already JVC GYHD 110
on Oct 20, 2009 at 1:17:34 am

Hi:

I have a problem with a dead pixel JVC GY HD110. Could you send me the .Pdf to solve the problem?

My mail:
camaracarnalfilms@gmail.com

Thank you very much for your help.
Fco.

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
Re: Dead pixel already JVC GYHD 110
on Oct 21, 2009 at 7:38:41 pm

Hi,
I have the 700 which is a different procedure than the 110.

Try this thread...its for the 100 which may be the same for the 110.http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/36/815989#816366

or do a search for "dead pixels". There are a bunch of threads

Return to posts index

Luís Santos
on Mar 29, 2010 at 3:24:03 pm

Hi there can you send me the PDF engeneeirng file to, and by the way i also have 2 green spots on the image, it´s on the view finder and also on the tape, it's not lens and also have cleand the ccd, any ideia?

Best regards

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:23:36 pm

it IS in the lens

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]