FORUMS: list search recent posts

GY-HD100 Head Cleaning Probs

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elijah stanfield
GY-HD100 Head Cleaning Probs
on Oct 8, 2009 at 6:52:31 pm

I'm shooting 720p 24fps.
When I digitized straight off my camera I got a bunch of that green and red garbley junk on my footage. I also got "HEAD CLEANING REQUIRED". I tried digitizing the same footage off of my BR-HD50 Deck. It also said "HEAD CLEANING REQUIRED", also getting garbley junk on my footage, but not as bad. I ran a head cleaning tape on both and tried to digitize a different tape. The camera still says "HEAD CLEANING REQUIRED", but now the deck doesn't, but they both have garbley junk,but not as bad as it was.

-Did I put in a crappy tape that junked up or damaged my heads on both?
-scratched heads?
-Is the garble from when I record or just playback?
-How can I fix this?

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: GY-HD100 Head Cleaning Probs
on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:14:17 am

Hi,
You may not be able to save this. If a head clog happens during the record, you data is probably comprised.
You didn't mention what tape you are running, but you should stick with the JVC Pro series, these don't seem to shed as much, and the lube doesn't promote head clogs. The may cost more, but are cheap compared to a reshoot.

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
Re: GY-HD100 Head Cleaning Probs
on Jul 23, 2010 at 9:10:32 pm

Had similar issues with my 101. We shot moto x swapped tapes and when I goy back to the studio the one tape kept shouting the deck needs a head clean.

I found what happens at times is the heads may have dirt or moisture on, you pop in a tape and roll. Draging all the muck over the head for 3 min or so. So now the muck transfers from the head to your tape. The tape is contaminated. When ever u try and play it back on a good deck it transfers all that muck to the clean heads....

It could be bad tapes. I avoid black and red sony tapes like the plague... They have a high oxide component and leave tons of residue behind. TRy shifting to Panasonic PQ or FUJI HG DV. Both are highly rated broadcast tapes.

It might also help cleaning your heads every 10 tapes u roll. Dusty environment, might require more attention

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]