FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC workflow and export

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sonja Holness
JVC workflow and export
on Oct 2, 2009 at 8:34:03 am

Hi,

I'm fairly new to video editing, especially HD. I'm currently making a short film for a school project I'm using someone elses JVC Everio GZ-HD7AA. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting a good workflow happening with the .TOD files. I would like to edit the footage with Adobe Premiere Pro, so far I've tried several different programs and methods of getting the footage into a format that Premiere will open. I've tried Sony Vegus, Cyberlink Power Director, WinAvi....The best way I've found so far to get the footage into premiere is by exporting the footage that I want to edit out of Power Director as an MPEG-2 keeping the resolution at 1920x1080 then importing that into Premiere. One issue I have is that the audio has only been recorded on one channel so I'm needing to edit the audio on Adobe Audition which I can do fine once the footage has been immported into Premiere.

I'm just wondering if there is an easier workflow than the one I've outline above? Another question...the final output is for making a DVD, but I would also like to output the file to play on the computer. What setting should I be using to export the final edit out of Premiere? I've been experimenting and have been exporting the footage out of Premiere as MPEG-2 with resolution 1280x720, widescreen, set to square pixels, PAL. The footage is interlaced, and I have those horizontal lines going through the output. Whats the best way to deinterlace the footage? I'm trying to keep the quality as good as what I possibly can for the final output. As I said I'm new to all this so any tips, advice is very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Leo Baker
Re: JVC workflow and export
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:24:05 am

Hello Sonja,

Which version of Adobe Premiere pro are you using? If you are using cs3, download Cineform Prospect HD http://www.cineform.com they have a 15 day trial. This is a great tool to capture and work with the JVC camera footage.

As it allows you to capture the camera footage with-in Premiere, at better visual quality then mpeg2 editing.

Leo

Thanks,

Leo

Return to posts index

Sonja Holness
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:38:08 am

Hi Leo,
I'm using Premiere Pro CS4, does the program you suggested work with CS4? I'm so lost at the moment, I've got hours of footage to go through and more to shoot tomorrow!

Return to posts index

Sonja Holness
on Oct 6, 2009 at 11:42:06 am

Its not come the time for editing all the footage...I'm completely at at loss as to what setting etc I need to have in Premiere. I've kept the files mpeg-2 at the same frame size from capture ( 1920 x 1080) what project settings do I use? I've been trying to work with HDV 720p but cropping occurs and its rather tedious trying to rezize each clip to try and fit the frame.Feeling like a total noob here!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]