FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD100 isn't talking to FCP--Getting Desperate

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason McCaffrey
HD100 isn't talking to FCP--Getting Desperate
on Aug 30, 2009 at 5:26:26 pm

I'm very close to literally banging my head against the table over here.

I can't get Final Cut to recognize that this camera is hooked up. I'm using the JVC GY-HD100. The video was recorded with the same camera in HDV mode. The IEEE1394 switch is switched to HDV. This firewire cable was just tested with another device and is fine. I just tested to see if Final Cut could see a different camera. It could. I've trashed prefs already, which didn't do anything. This is a friend's camera that I've never used before and said friend is incommunicado. I feel like I have to be missing some very simple camera setting to make this work, but I can't figure out what it is. I just flipped through the manual, which was absolutely no help. Please help me. I've got my back against a fast approaching deadline. Thanks in advance!

Jason McCaffrey

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: HD100 isn't talking to FCP--Getting Desperate
on Aug 30, 2009 at 11:26:26 pm

Could be a blown firewire port on the camera. Did you connect the camera to computer via firewire before turning anything on?

Try using a trial version of VeeScope live to see if that connects the camera http://www.dvdxdv.com/NewFolderLookSite/VeeScope/Products/VeescopeLive.try....
if it doesn't you probably have a hardware problem and may need to borrow / rent another camera or deck to bring in the footage.

Always connect the computer to the camera / deck with everything powered down.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Mike Imken
Re: HD100 isn't talking to FCP--Getting Desperate
on Sep 11, 2009 at 2:08:00 am

I don't have FCP, but when trying to get HDVSplit to capture from my HD100, I had to go into the camera VTR menu and change the output to HDV (as opposed to Auto settings).

Also, don't know if HDVSplit works on Macs, but it's a great capture utility for the JVC HDV.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]