FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDD Camcorder

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Everitt
HDD Camcorder
on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:05:06 am

Hello Creative Cow, I need your help!

This is probably the first and last time I would EVER touch a HDD Camera!

For me DV-Tapes are so much better quality and easier to use. Anyway, my friend has asked me to edit some footage off of his JVC Everio GZ-HD5AA Camcorder.
The footage is recorded into the Hard Disk of the camera. When I plug my DV-Cable in my computer doesn't seem to recognize the Camcorder, when I plug my USB cable in, it seems to recognize it but I seem to be missing a software to transfer the encoded data into a normal media file. All i see are .MOI and .TOD files.
They can play in windows media, but i don't know if they can be edited. I'm currently copying them on my computer but it's taking 40mintues >.< Can anyone clarify if they can be edited in Adobe Premire Pro CS2?

I currently have Adobe Premire Pro 6 and CS2, Adobe After Effects CS3, Excsate DV Capture live and Windows Movie Maker installed into my computer.

This is urgent! I need to start editing TODAY!

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
Re: HDD Camcorder
on Aug 19, 2009 at 2:57:07 am

.... TOD are the video files... I once received a bunch of that and work without problems (... in Vegas) ... try to "rename" the files to mpg and see if you can open them... or "google" for converting TOD files...

good luck

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com >iDEA DigitalVideoStudio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]