FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC-GY-HM100U Camera - Is it worth it?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliott Dangar
JVC-GY-HM100U Camera - Is it worth it?
on Aug 4, 2009 at 9:22:23 pm

I wanted to get comments on this camera from anyone that has used it recently. I am looking at buying one soon. Any help would be great. Is it too small? Is it as easy as I hear to use with Final Cut?

Return to posts index

Charles Wannop
Re: JVC-GY-HM100U Camera - Is it worth it?
on Aug 6, 2009 at 3:36:53 am

Ok, I am very new to the industry (medically induced career change) but I do like the new JVC. Horses for courses - I wanted something "pro" quality capable of producing documentary/commercial output in a small, cheap to run form-factor. The FCP compatibility was an unexpected (at least when I started the search) bonus that is just brilliant. My previous work was DV via FireWire, NOT having to waste an hour to transfer an hours footage, or transcode via MPEG-Streamclip makes life sooo much easier. Of course backups become bigger now that you don't have the original tapes to go back to, but with a BluRay burner for archiving, I think it will be manageable.

So just go get one and start enjoying! :-)

Charles

Return to posts index

Andy Urtusuastegui
Re: JVC-GY-HM100U Camera - Is it worth it?
on Sep 2, 2009 at 7:54:26 pm

I have had mine for a month. I like it, but it is a little overpriced. The reasons I bought it was

1:CCD's. I do lots of shots with lots of motion (boats, sports, skiing) CCD does not have the CMOS jello cam.

2: 720p 60 Again this is better for sports, motion etc.

3: 35mbit codec. Very nice,

Now the HMC40 is a great camera at a great price. Only problem is CMOS sensors. CMOS is fine if you are doing steady shots etc.
HMC has 720p. Also.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]