FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help! Can't import SDHC footage to FCP!

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Popolo
Help! Can't import SDHC footage to FCP!
on Jul 15, 2009 at 9:04:37 pm

Hi
I shot footage on my new JVC700 as QuickTime files onto the SDHC card (720 60i). Copied them to Hard Drive (Mac G5 dual) to use in FCP (4.5). I try to import them to FCP, but error says file not recognized. The files don't even play in QuickTime player (ver 7.6.2). I just updated the QT, and couldn't find any updates for FCP.
Am I doing something wrong? I basically just copied the files from the SDHC to a folder on my HD and tried to import into FCP. Do I need to do something with the corresponding .XML files that the camera created?

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Help! Can't import SDHC footage to FCP!
on Jul 15, 2009 at 10:54:50 pm

You need to upgrade your FCP to at least version 5 FCP4.5 won't work with HDV720p. Chances of finding that version are remote though so you may have to go all the way to FCP6 which only comes with the full FCS2 suite.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
Re: Help! Can't import SDHC footage to FCP!
on Jul 16, 2009 at 2:34:47 pm

Thanks. Do you know if that's the case for ALL HD formats (that are able to be shot on the JVC 700)?
That is, can I shoot anything on the JVC 700 that is supported by FCP 4.5?

I was thinking it wasn't a FCP issue, since I was unable to play them using Quicktime viewer either (they opened, and the player head moved, but just a black screen)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]