FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting focus JVC GY-HM700U

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dimtiri pappas
Setting focus JVC GY-HM700U
on Jun 14, 2009 at 8:38:04 pm

Hello,

I cannot properly set the focus for my JVC GY-HM700U. I have the fujinon lens and am having problems setting the back focus. I used the siemans chart like instructed, but am out of focus in both manuel and auto mode. This may be a rediculous/basic question but please help. I would like to start shooting! Do you know if the back focus has to be set each time the lens is removed from the body??
Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Dimtiri P.

Return to posts index

Kevin Gallagher
Re: Setting focus JVC GY-HM700U
on Jun 16, 2009 at 8:47:30 pm

Here is what I did to set backfocus on our HM700. I set my focus chart about 20 feet away and hit it with a 1k. Zoom in to the chart and set my focus until image is sharp. (You may have screwed yours up so bad that it may not get sharp. In that case use a tapemeasure and set focus like an AC on a film camera. 20feet from the film plane and 20ft. on the lens) Zoom all the way out and loosen the backfocus set screw and adjust until image is in focus and sharp. Do this a couple of times until you've got is dialed. Then I went outside and did it again on something really far away. Works like a charm.

Also, every time I remove the lens I check backfocus. I think it's a good idea to check backfocus at least every month or so.

Hope this helps.
cheers
Kevin

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: Setting focus JVC GY-HM700U
on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:25:36 pm

Yes, you need to set backfocus any time you remove the lens from the body.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]