FORUMS: list search recent posts

New camera

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Dube
New camera
on May 22, 2009 at 3:47:13 pm

Hi! Am getting ready to buy a new camera, I have 5000$ of budget the JVC gy-hm100u interest me is there anybody have knowledge about this camera the only thing that bugs me is the ΒΌ 3ccd should I go for a camera with 1/3 3ccd.

Eric

Return to posts index

Andrew Ford
Re: New camera
on May 22, 2009 at 6:55:50 pm

This camera looked like a great item for the price. I spent a lot of time with at at NAB. The pros are the range of audio/video formats it can do at almost half the price of some competitors. It does 1080 by running 720 through its digital signal processor technology. The SDHC cards are cheap to buy. I had the JVC reps shoot with it and ingest to the NLE... the .mov files looked good. If you want to pull files off the card to keep on your desktop so you can reuse the card, you need to keep the same exact file structure of the card, but that's not surprising and only a minor pain. The image was good considering the 1/4 CCDs... however it wasn't as good as the Sony z5u/z7u in my opinion. Nonetheless, this camera might make some people stop calling JVC Junk Video Corporation due to what you get for the price.

---------------------------------------------
Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index

Bert Shap
Re: New camera
on Jun 24, 2009 at 1:09:17 pm

Hullo Andrew

I have been interested in the JVC camera GY-HM100U, but put off by their poor reputation.

Do you now own this camera ..... any comments would be welcome...if not do you know of anyone that has used it?

Thanks for any help.

Cordially

Bert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]