FORUMS: list search recent posts

MOD EVERIO to MPEG?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Curtis
MOD EVERIO to MPEG?
on May 12, 2009 at 5:00:41 pm

Hi,

I have read a few times now here how it's easy to fix the native .MOD Everio file format to MPEG by changing the suffix and all works fine but for me, if I do this (on VISTA) and import the clip to premiere pro there is no sound.

I've d-loaded (on suggestion here) the Squared 5 MPEG2 converter and i have even bought a new version of the MPEG2 add-on for my QT Pro and yet, every time I fire up my QT7 I get this error message:

QT MPEG2 failed to load because the versions of QT and QT MPEG2 do not match.

Now, I have even uninstantiated Quicktime and re-installed a new d-loaded version of the 7.6 player today and then, I even went ahead and purchased a NEW QT code for Pro7 thinking I needed this! Well, you can imagine how flipped off I was today when I installed the QT, installed the MPEG2 add-on and STILL get the same message??

The weird thing is, if I fire up QT Player and check the info it reads the player as 7.6 but still says QT V 7.5.5 underneath?? I am assuming until I hear back from Apple I can't fix this and I'm real baffled . . I certainly d-loaded the correct MPEG2 add-on for Windows.

My goal is to take the MOD files I have (hours and endless amounts of clips!) and instead of going thru the painstaking process of openeing and exporting them out from 'Director' as AVI's(which crashes now on .MOV QT exports after the d-loaded update recently!!) and then import into Premiere Pro, I was hoping for an easy fix so i can edit them in Premiere.

I am so fed up now . . in fact, I'm off to get some food :)

Thanks for any help, this is my first post today . .

Beej

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]