FORUMS: list search recent posts

GY-HM700 FCP workflow

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Davenport
GY-HM700 FCP workflow
on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:51:22 pm

Hello all

I just got my hands on a GY-HM700 and wanted to see if anyone out there is working with this camera yet. I am having some issue getting the footage in through Log and Transfer. I was able to get it in via "Import/Files..." but not through Log and Transfer like it is supposed to. I get the "unsupported media/invalid directory structure" message. I tried re-formatting the card and that didn't change anything.

This is on a Macbook 2.16, 2GB RAM, FCP 6.0.5, Quicktime 7.6. I downloaded the plug-in and everything. I can't see the footage in the Clip Manager either.

Footage is 1080/60i.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: GY-HM700 FCP workflow
on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:14:38 pm

You should be able to drag the files directly into FCP and start working with no log and transfer necessary. That's the beauty of the camera, being to edit straight from the memory if needed.

Return to posts index

Joe Davenport
on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:43:53 pm

Yeah, I can do that. They just make it out like you can Log and Transfer it though. Why else would they have a Log and Transfer Plug-in? This camera is so new that there isn't a whole out there in regards to user experience, so maybe this is just normal. But if you download the plugin, they specifically outline the use of L&T.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Apr 15, 2009 at 2:18:50 am

Hey Joe...tell me this. If you drag a clip into a new sequence and you tell FCP to match the footage settings, what do the sequence settings look like? Is it an XDCAM sequence?

Curious,

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Joe Davenport
on Apr 15, 2009 at 2:34:45 pm

Sure is. XDCam EX.

Return to posts index

Steve Snider
on May 14, 2009 at 6:09:14 pm