FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing 24p

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Maloney
Capturing 24p
on Apr 13, 2009 at 6:36:39 pm

This maybe similar to an earlier post, but perhaps it still needs some tech advice, hopefully from JVC. My BR-HD50 deck has been acting strange as of late with 24p material shot on a JVC GY-HD110 camera.
First, the log/capture control has gone in an unreliable mode by indicating, every 4-5 seconds that a new tape has been inserted into the machine, which of course it not the case. Still I can log capture times, but when attempting to batch capture, I get a serious error that the tape in not properly threaded. The the tape is damaged, do not try to eject.

The other continual error is that the deck is in local mode, when in fact, it's in remote.

I'm using the RS-422 mode in component mode into an AKA Kona LH card.

Suggestions?

Mike Maloney

Mike Maloney
Maloney Marketing Group
maloneymarketinggroup.com
beartoothrecording.com
mmg.bz

Return to posts index

Mike Maloney
Re: Capturing 24p
on Apr 13, 2009 at 8:07:23 pm

I guess I'm answering my own post and after doing some research (and reading more forum business) it's starting to become clear I also contacted JVC just to see what their tech support had to say.

A) I rehooked up the firewire to thee G5, set the capture codec to Apple Pro Res and let it capture on the fly. Worked okay. So that tells me that the glitch (at least in 24 frame capture) is not within the KONA set up and my old MEDEA SCSI's kept up with the capture without any problems. This again is on a BR-HD50. The real issue is that with a large project, this is not a very convenient way to capture clips.

B) JVC was not sure why all the other errors though and since I'm using JVC tape, it ruled out foreign issues with their compatibility. I'm still dubious of the issue of "unthreaded tape" with the RS-422 and component hookup. However, it was nice to be able to talk with a JVC tech and I did learn how to reset the machine (didn't do any good, however.)

I'll keep forging along.

Mike Maloney

Mike Maloney
Maloney Marketing Group
maloneymarketinggroup.com
beartoothrecording.com
mmg.bz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]