FORUMS: list search recent posts

GY-HM100U and compositing

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Critelli
GY-HM100U and compositing
on Mar 29, 2009 at 1:11:12 pm

Has anyone used the GY-HM100U ?
I need to replace my ancient PD-150 and am looking for something along the same form factor.
Can someone give me a quick review. I like the native Quicktime recording aspect because some of my work requires a very quick turnaround.
I'm also looking for a camera that can do decent green-screen work. The literature for the GY-HM100U doesn't mention this which makes me think it won't.

Thanks for any insight you can offer,
Bruce

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
Re: GY-HM100U and compositing
on Apr 3, 2009 at 10:00:56 pm

I am also very interested in the gy-hm100u and all I hear is that it is supposedly available this month. I would like to know if anyone has done any work with it.

mike

Michael V. Williams
producer/editor
http://www.vernonvision.com

Return to posts index

Christopher Barnard
on May 3, 2009 at 7:23:06 pm

HI Mike, I am looking for some feedback on this camera. I know it is not out but I can't seem to find many articles / reviews . . .

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on May 4, 2009 at 4:18:48 am

Christopher-

There are some post NAB articles on it and most say the same thing, which is a repeat of features and specs. I have yet to see any user reviews, which is what I'm curious about. Seems like a great little camera, though, if you use FCP.

Michael V. Williams
producer/editor

Return to posts index

Bert Shap
on Jun 18, 2009 at 4:05:36 pm

Greetings:

Wondered if you have any up-to-date information about reviews of GY-HM100U

Did you buy it?

Cordially

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on Jun 19, 2009 at 1:46:51 am

Hi Bert.

In fact, I did buy it and I believe I was one of the first to receive it back in late April. I immediately put it to use with four days of shooting interviews for a corporate client. No b-roll.

In my tests at home before the shoot I was noticing some pixelation or artifacting (I'm not an engineer, so I'm not quite sure what the proper word is) in all modes when I was zooming, panning or tilting. In other words whenever the camera wasn't locked down. In fact, I even had problems when the camera was locked down and somebody walked through the shot.

All this aside, it worked great for my interviews and then after I was done, I spoke with a technical guy at JVC, who told me that it should not be acting like that (whew!) and so I returned it to B&H and got a replacement.

I have not had a chance to shoot with the new one yet.

putting the above problem aside, I really like it. It is very compact and easy to use with some really nice features.

I did experience some problems using SD card readers to get the files into both my laptop and my desktop systems. From now on, I am going to transfer directly from the camera to my system via the USB out.

mike

Michael V. Williams
producer/editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]