FORUMS: list search recent posts

shooting on two different cameras

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
shooting on two different cameras
on Mar 28, 2009 at 4:05:18 am

hey guys
due to conditions beyond my control I am not going to be able to use two hvx or two jvc cameras like i was hoping... i am stuck using a jvc gy-hd200 and an hvx200. however, i do not have enough p2 cards so i am going SD and shooting on tape. i need to know how to get the footage at least to be the same for editing timeline...
i realize the footage won't look identical but i need to know what to set the JVC to... i am doing 30p with the letterbox setting in 480 to tape on the hvx... so what do i do on the JVC- anyone? i figure flip it to DV and shoot to tape as well, but in the menu the only DV option is 60i... should i do that instead of 720/30p??? is any of this making sense...
i shoot tomorrow so i hope someone can get to this in time.
thanks a ton
jared

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: shooting on two different cameras
on Mar 28, 2009 at 1:52:56 pm

Shoot the hvx200 in DV and use the Anamporhic setting and not letterbox. If 24p is out of the question then use 30p. Remember, DV uses only a 60i stream, there is no native 30p or 24p outside of 60i. Use the JVC in HDV mode because it looks great. Covert the footage later if need be or convert the HVX footage to HDV later. I would use Tim Dashwood's Dsc Align setting for best color reproduction on the JVC and use cine-v on the hvx.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]