FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dead pixel fix for JVC GYHD-200

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hardham
Dead pixel fix for JVC GYHD-200
on Mar 19, 2009 at 5:40:08 pm

I am very happy with my HDV camera, but a dead pixel has appeared in the very center of the image. Anyone know the "secret code" to fix?

Return to posts index

Radu Barb
Re: Dead pixel fix for JVC GYHD-200
on Mar 20, 2009 at 3:39:32 pm

Hey.
Maybe I can Help you.
On jvc gy 111 is a safe menu.
In 24p format, press for 5 sec. 3 buttons. Focus Assit+Menu+Status.
The safe menu will apear and select the option... Dead pixels...
I hope you'll fix your camera.
Radu.
http://radubarb.wordpress.com/jvc-gy-111e-with-idx-endura-7s-br-hd-100/

Return to posts index

John Hardham
on Mar 20, 2009 at 6:43:02 pm

This fix works! I found it on another site.

On the GY-HD110U/GY-HD200/GY-HD250 series cameras this process is provided in an advanced Menu accessed while in 24p mode. You must be in 24p mode for this operation: Hold the Focus Assist button (the one on the camera body) simultaneously with the Menu/Status button for at least 5 seconds.

You will see an advanced menu where the second line says CAMERA1. Move the cursor down and push the shutter wheel to enter that menu. Now you see a list with the sixth item being PIXEL COMPEN. Move down to it and select that item. The word CANCEL blinks. Change it to EXECUTE and push again. It takes about 10 seconds or so to perform the operation then it tells you to power off the camera. You are done. Make sure Focus Assist is now OFF and exit 24p mode if desired.

NOTE: This works best on a camera that is warm. We advise turning the camera on and let it sit for ½ hour or so before doing this operation. You can even wrap it in a blanket. It may be necessary to perform the procedure more than once. This works for all the ProHD JVC cameras.

Return to posts index

Radu Barb
on Mar 21, 2009 at 8:22:11 am

You're welcome...

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
on Mar 22, 2009 at 4:12:42 pm

If you had done a simple search of this forum, you would have found the answer too (and you wouldn't have even had to ask the question!).
Ed

Return to posts index

Brian Watkins
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:20:52 pm

I've had a dead pixel on my JVC for a long time but since I only used it once in a while, I let it go on for far far too long. This post fixed it in less than 3 minutes. COW rocks.

Brian Watkins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]