FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC BR-HD50 FCP6 capture problems

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lepage
JVC BR-HD50 FCP6 capture problems
on Mar 18, 2009 at 8:07:25 pm

Hello,

I have some tapes that were shot on a JVC camera but the company I work for only uses Sony decks. I was finally able to locate a JVC BR-HD50 deck but I can't seem to get my FCP6 to capture anything with it. I would ideally like to capture via firewire and I believe I have everything set correctly on the deck (IEEE 1394 set to HDV, remote menu and switch set accordingly, etc.) but I can't seem to get FCP6 to recognize the device. I've tried some of the tips I've found in various forums but nothing seems to work so far. I can only hold onto this deck for a few days so I'm kind of starting to panic. Failing being able to digitize the footage I'd settle for a dub to my Sony HDV deck but I can't seem to get a signal through the firewire. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: JVC BR-HD50 FCP6 capture problems
on Mar 18, 2009 at 9:10:36 pm

Make sure you're using an Intel Mac with FCP 6.0.5.
If you're using a G5 then go back to 6.0.1.
Good luck.

Return to posts index

Dave Farrants
on Mar 22, 2009 at 7:33:05 am

I use a BR-HD50 with FCP 6.0.5 and a G5 (not Intel) with no problems. The deck had an FCP firmware update to 1.0.9.

I did have a problem with a 'fried' FW output on the deck - nothing was coming out, this was fixed by JVC and a mod "firewire protection circuit' was installed. This deck is the only bit of kit I've ever come across where it's possible to insert the FW plug both ways in - ie: upside down, which then fries the socket.

Return to posts index

Eric Lepage
on Mar 23, 2009 at 3:05:56 pm

Thanks a lot. I got everything to work with that hardware and software combination. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]