FORUMS: list search recent posts

steadicam pilot??

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc dejesus
steadicam pilot??
on Jan 29, 2009 at 1:16:57 am

I have an HDgy200 with an AB trim pac.. anybody know if the steadicam pilot will support this??

All in all, the camera and battery weighs around 10.5 lbs.. and the max weight for the pilot was said to be 10lbs...

thanks... also any one know if glidecams x-10 or v16 or varizooms aviator.. is anybetter??

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: steadicam pilot??
on Jan 29, 2009 at 3:54:02 am

Sound cool. What are you trying to do?

Return to posts index

marc dejesus
on Jan 29, 2009 at 7:23:11 am

Basically im trying to find the most affordable camera stabilizer for my camera.. i will be using it for almost a wide range of video shoots.. since i work in law enforcement and do weddings as well...

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:18:06 pm

The Pilot will just handle the weight. You could remove the camera battery and power the camera with the Pilot's power and a 4 pin XLR cable.

Another tip, buy a couple of Manfrotto 357 sliding plates, put one on the Pilot and one on your tripod. This allows for much faster tool free change over between the Steadicam and tripod.

If you can afford it though buy the Flyer because one day you'll need to add a light or lens adaptor and the Pilot won't cope. This is what happened to me on my first shoot using the Flyer http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/steadicam_flyer.html

The Flyer will also handle cameras like the Panasonic HVX 502 and stripped down RED. Someday a producer will come looking for an experienced Steadicam operator with a camera like these and you'll be ready.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

marc dejesus
on Feb 19, 2009 at 12:32:59 am

thanks for the response, although i've already gone and ordered myself a flyer.. i saw your setup.. and im going to have one similar.. where im using a 200 and an m2 adapter.. i was wondering whether the flyer could handle all that... it seems that your rig is.. although.. im still using the stock fuji with the m2.. so the setup is a bit longer and probably heavier...

what are you using for focus on your flyer/mini35/jvc setup?

and also, im fairly new to the lens adapter world.... it took me an hour to realize that i had use my fujinon lens with the adapter.. however i see with your setup, that the adapter achromatic lens connects directly to your camera.. does this way yield better results?

thanks

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
on Feb 19, 2009 at 10:56:32 am

The adaptor is a rented P & S Technik Mini 35. They supply an adaptor lens to fit, but you can't buy it separately.
Focus is a BFD.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]