FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thoughts on an HD200 price drop...?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trip Gould
Thoughts on an HD200 price drop...?
on Jan 20, 2009 at 2:25:02 am

So, I'm considering the purchase of an HD200 for many reasons. I won't bore you with them now. I saw a used one on B&H with a "9" rating that is going for $3799 and I believe it has free shipping. My question is, if I wait for the HM100 and HM700 to come out, can I expect a significant drop in price? Of course, there is no way to absolutely answer this question, but I was wondering what your thoughts were. I'm sure the answer is, if I can wait, I might as well...so I'm sure I just answered my own question.

As an aside, I am also looking for a B camera to go along with it...something small and versatile for no more than $1000. I was going to go with the HD7 and stay in the JVC family, but now it has been discontinued. Any recommendations? I would prefer to stick with CCD over CMOS, and have manual controls is important to me as well. The HD7 really fit the bill, but what else would? The new Panasonics (TM300, etc.) look promising on the manual control side...and I'm sure the picture will be nice, but do you think it will match up well with the JVC? The Canon HF S10/100 might also be on that list.

Cheers.

Trip Gould

Editor - Composer - Professor

Return to posts index

Glen Vandermolen
Re: Thoughts on an HD200 price drop...?
on Jan 24, 2009 at 3:03:11 pm

I have a HD200 for sale. $3,500 with the 17X lens. If you're really interested, I can send you info. It's listed in the classified section. vanvideo@aol.com

To answer your question, I don't know if new HD200s prices will be significantly reduced by JVC. They still gotta turn a profit on them. I don't think they'll abandon the tape format just yet. There's still a market for it. Plus, with the addition of the KA-MR100G, any of the 200/250 line can record solid state SxS. That certainly extends their abilities.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]