FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-DV 5000 (16:9 mode)

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Daniels
JVC GY-DV 5000 (16:9 mode)
on Nov 19, 2008 at 3:17:22 pm

Hello everyone,

We are using a GY-DV 5000 to shoot streaming video. Our workflow is: DV 5000 / FireStore FS-3 / Premiere Pro 2.0

Our issue is trying to shoot widescreen on this camera. It appears not to shoot in a "true" widescreen mode. It appears to simply put black bars on both the top and bottom of the 4x3 screen. When we import this footage into PPro, it also imports the black bars whether we are in 4x3 or 16:9 PPro project.

Can anyone please advise? Thank you so much in advance.
-Dustin

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: JVC GY-DV 5000 (16:9 mode)
on Nov 19, 2008 at 3:38:38 pm

You'll need to shoot in 'squeeze mode' to get the 16:9 aspect ratio. It has it's drawbacks but it works. Just click the 'anamorphic' tab for the sequence settings in Premiere and your set to go.

Return to posts index

Dustin Daniels
on Nov 19, 2008 at 5:00:23 pm

Thanks Johnny,

I'm looking for "squeeze mode" within my camera but unfortunately I'm not finding it within the manual. Could you please advise as to where I can find it?

Also, just to make sure I'm on the same page with you.... if I am using a PPro 2.0 widescreen project (D1/DV NTSC Widescreen), your saying to export my movies out using the anamorphic setting in the "pixel aspect ratio" on the export itself?

Would I still see the black area on the top and bottom while editing even though I'll shoot in squeeze mode?

Thank you for your time again, and I apologize in advance for my additional questions. You seem to be the only one I've found that knows how to handle this issue, and we've been working with it now for a few months!

Thanks Johnny,
-Dustin

Return to posts index

Dustin Daniels
on Nov 21, 2008 at 5:33:41 pm

I just got off the phone with JVC tech support, and unfortunately the DV-5000 doesn't offer squeeze mode on this camera.

Thanks again,
-Dustin

Return to posts index

Dustin Daniels
on Mar 6, 2009 at 4:08:51 pm

Hi Johnny,

I'm not finding this Anamorphic tab in the sequence settings within Premiere Pro 2.0? Could you please point me to where this is?

Thanks Johnny.
-Dustin

Dustin Daniels | http://www.sozovideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]