FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD-110 doesn't work with battery power

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Dooley
HD-110 doesn't work with battery power
on Nov 18, 2008 at 6:06:35 pm

My Hd-110 just stopped working with the battery pack (an IDX AE2-HD100), but works fine on AC. I found a couple of examples of the same thing on another forum which pointed to the internal AC/Battery switch being stuck in AC, and required a trip to JVC to fix. Has anybody else run into this, and perhaps have a different reason it happened, and a solution without the JVC trip? Batteries, IDX fuse, connections, and mounting are all good.
Ed

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
Re: HD-110 doesn't work with battery power
on Nov 22, 2008 at 4:25:15 pm

No responses, so I guess no one here has had this problem. Funny thing is, on JVC forums, lots of people have had the problem. It's a JVC design flaw. The AC power jack has a yellow plastic tip that can break off while inside the DC-In of the camera. It's a 3 hour removal process (removing boards and unsoldering and resoldering cards) unless you can break it into smaller pieces to get it out the way it got in. A helpful guy from South Africa with the same camera and problem sent me the service manual PDF and the step by step procedure. Bad JVC!
Ed

Return to posts index

filipe silva
on Feb 22, 2009 at 1:44:06 am

I ed

i have that problem, can you send me that manual ?

regards

Return to posts index

Ed Dooley
on Feb 22, 2009 at 6:46:47 am

I do have the manual, so if you get me your e-mail address, I'll send it to you.
But I fixed my problem without the manual. I took a sewing needle and poked and poked at the yellow plastic that was stuck in the power socket, which broke it up into small pieces. When the plastic breaks off the AC adapter plug tip, it gets stuck in the socket. There's a little spring in the socket that gets pushed out of the way when the plug is in the socket, which won't allow the battery to work.
Ed

Return to posts index

Joshua Mark
on Jul 13, 2009 at 9:22:33 pm

I'm having this same problem and couldn't find all the posts you said were online somewhere.

I'm also not sure whether or not the yellow piece I can see deep in the socket is the one you're referring to or not. There is still a yellow piece inside the tip of the plug & therefore at first I didn't think it must have broken. But when I shone a light down into the DC-in socket, sure enough, I could see a yellow piece deep in there. Was that already there or is that a broken piece stuck in the camera? I have only one camera to look at so I can't know.

Thanks much for posting on this subject and for any help you can offer.

Return to posts index

jeremiah mosese
jvc gy 100 HD doesn't turn on
on Oct 20, 2009 at 8:06:42 am

Im experiencing more or less same problem except mine can't switch on, its just can't respond. will appreciate your help guys

Return to posts index

Justin Jenks
on Jan 8, 2010 at 4:40:43 am

Same problem. Does it still work with AC power after you dig out the yellow end in your camera - if you use the damaged cable with the now missing yellow end? Or are you stuck with only using battery power. Man this sucks big time.

Thanks,
Justin

Return to posts index

John Jurko
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:14:00 am

Yup if the yellow cap on the end of the AC adapter breaks off it will not pull from the battery.

I fixed it by putting a very light layer of crazy glue on the tip of the AC adapter end and then I pushed it into the input on the JVC and held it for a minute. Then I let it dry for a half hour.

It pulled right out with the cap attached to the end. A little crude but it worked :) Now I can use my battery packs again :)

Hope that helps.

John

Return to posts index

Joshua Mark
on Jun 30, 2011 at 3:08:08 am

Wow! That's absolutely fantastic. I will definitely try that. Thanks so much for the response.

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jul 1, 2011 at 5:44:49 pm

Be careful with using adhesives like glue on that camera. Especially the battery compartment. I would honestly suggest to get a professional opinion at a reputable service facility.

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]