FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY-HD110U issues

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Grady
JVC GY-HD110U issues
on Oct 13, 2008 at 2:15:09 am

Help Folks! I own a relatively new JVC GY-HD110U. When I shot the first footage in HD/24 P and attempted to play back in the video monitor using NTSC playback, the footage did not look sharp at all, almost out of focus. My first reaction was that I had a back-focus issue with the lens, but that turned out not to be the issue. Anybody experience similar problems and find a solution? My results have not been nearly as sharp as even the YouTube postings I've seen from this camera. Just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my settings, I even shot some footage with the all auto settings and still had unsharp results. The lens is the shock Fuji lens that came with the camera.

Return to posts index

Dennis Looney
Re: JVC GY-HD110U issues
on Oct 13, 2008 at 7:00:55 am

It does indeed sound like a back focus issue. Shoot some focused footage at full wide and some additional footage (without moving the camera) at full telephoto. If one is sharp and the other is not, you have a poorly calibrated back focus.

Are you getting blurry images when viewing live footage through a monitor or only on playback?

Dennis Looney
Anthem Films
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

Mark Grady
on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:05:06 pm

Hi Dennis!

Thank you for responding. The live look in the on-camera pop-out monitor looks fairly decent, but when I add an LCD monitor to the composite video out it looks pretty bad.

Again, Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Oct 14, 2008 at 4:27:20 pm

[Mark Grady] "but when I add an LCD monitor to the composite video out it looks pretty bad."

the composite SD video signal is awful coming out of that camera and really should not be relied upon for HD focusing at all, especially not on an external LCD where it will further be degraded.

You need to at least use the focus assist on the camera on its LCD, if you don't have an HD component capable external monitor, if its sharp there, its sharp on tape for sure.

Return to posts index

Dennis Looney
on Oct 15, 2008 at 12:52:53 am

I get really good quality from a composite feed on a JVC CRT field monitor. I agree that viewing on an LCD is not the best option. I also agree that the focus assist is a must.

Sounds to me like the lens is simply not calibrated properly.

Dennis Looney
Anthem Films
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]