FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC 200U 24P SD.PrCS3 interlace problem, please help!?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc dejesus
JVC 200U 24P SD.PrCS3 interlace problem, please help!?
on Sep 3, 2008 at 12:46:32 am

Hi,

just switched from xpress pro to cs3 this weekend... ive captured footage shot using the JVC hdGY200 in standard definition, 24p...

i used the project settings, DV 24P, 48k SD.. however, when previewing the footage in the source monitor, it plays fine... but when playing it in the timeline or program monitor, there appears to be interlacing happening every fourth frame...

I made sure that the playback settings/24p conversion method was set to repeat frames.. and also made sure the interpret footage stayed on "use frame rate from file: 23.9760" and "remove 24p dv pulldown" was selected.

still when i play the footage back frame by frame in the program monitor, interlacing happens every fourth frame. again, playing the same footage in the preview monitor shows none of this and plays fine.

The only way i could get rid of the interlace on every fourth frame, is if i changed the field options to always deinterlace... which requires me now to render the entire clip...

Am i doing something wrong??? My understanding was that the JVC200 recorded in 24 progressive, which shouldnt require interlacing at all.. im fairly new to this, so please excuse my rookie questions... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance..
-MarcD

Return to posts index

Mark Salloum
Re: JVC 200U 24P SD.PrCS3 interlace problem, please help!?
on Oct 2, 2008 at 5:15:14 pm

I don't have an answer to your problem, but hope you can answer a quick one for me. I'm looking to buy a couple of these with the Pro-Spec package and want some feedback on the camera. Are you happy with it and glad you bought it? What are the advantages and disadvantages that you've experienced? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]