FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera unthreading tape

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Dobe
Camera unthreading tape
on Jul 23, 2008 at 4:50:46 pm

Have you ever experienced this. Lately, every time I put a tape in my old (but like new) JVC 300 and press the holder into the transport, it unthreads a couple of inches of tape before I can even close the cover. Then the viewfinder displays a VTR WARNING (HARD) message and the camera ejects the tape holder. Mechanically, everythings seems (and sounds) in order. Could some setting have gotten messed up? Is there a way to reset it?

Thanks,

Bill Dobe
New Hampshire

Return to posts index

Dave Hecox
Re: Camera unthreading tape
on Dec 16, 2008 at 9:18:59 pm

Hi,
I've had the same problem recently with one of my JVC 300s. Did you ever find a solution, Bill?

Cheers,
Chris Willett

Cage Tech
Art Institute of Portland
http://c-ss.aidepartments.com/cage.asp

Return to posts index

Bill Dobe
Re: Camera unthreading tape
on Dec 17, 2008 at 9:04:42 pm

Chris,

When I saw the notice that someone had responded to my inquiry I assumed it was an answer to my problem. No, I don't have an answer myself. Sorry.

I got a 300 when they first came out and I loved it. The 'look' of the picture was much better than its Sony and Panasonic competitors. I used it so much that I wore out the plastic gears in the auto focus. It was such a great camera that I bought another to replace it. I was just finishing a long project so I used it a bit and then not at all for quite a while. ('til the warranty expired.)
Then, when I tried it later it did the unwinding thing and has been doing it ever since. I hate to give up on it because almost unused. I've been reluctant to take it in to be fixed because it might cost a lot and it's really a new but technologically old camera.

If you ever find out why your cameras are unthreading a couple of inches of tape every time you try to use them, please let me know. Okay?

Thanks, Chris

Bill Dobe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]