FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD200 Head Clog

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Mooney
HD200 Head Clog
on Jul 17, 2008 at 3:07:05 pm

We just got an HD200 about a month ago and I am having problems with head clogs. The unit has given me a head clog twice. I noticed in the book that it recommends that you run a head cleaner though the unit every 15-20 hours. Right now the unit has about 40hrs on the head. Few question...

Is this standard for that type of machine

What should the time be set at for the standby mode. It came defaulted at 3 minutes

We have used it to digititze footage has been shot 24p. Is that the potential culprit by having it search back and forth to digitize footage. I have a DVCAM deck for digitzing standard DV. What is the cheapest deck out their that will handle HDV.

Does the tape matter. We are using Panasonic HDV tape.

Is it better to manually clean the head.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: HD200 Head Clog
on Jul 17, 2008 at 7:58:23 pm

[Tom Mooney] "Does the tape matter. We are using Panasonic HDV tape."

I realize some will say they have used this tape and its fine, but
it uses a different type of lubricant on the tape.

the consensus is that Sony HDV premium tapes are really
the way to go for least likely head clogs and drop outs.

Return to posts index

TJ Walkup
Re: HD200 Head Clog
on Aug 5, 2008 at 8:44:32 am

Ok I love the JVC line but I have to admit to you right now that if you are using Panasonic tapes or even JVC tapes you are making your heads get the funk on before their time. The only tapes that I have had hits on are JVC and Panasonic. Please just use Sony HDV/DV63 tapes in your camcorder. You will be happier. Also get yourself into a JVC 50U deck. It is pretty reliable and will save your heads on the camera. Cameras are really just for minimal playback. Once you have used the "cleaning tape" on the deck of your camera then run a regular tape on record fo a minute and rewind and fast forward it a couple of times. This will replace the thin film build up that the camcorder actually needs to operate well. Remember do that after using the cleaning tape. If that doesn't work, call JVC and get an Engineer on the phone. Your heads azmuth may be off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]