FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD export

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew johnson
HD export
on Jul 8, 2008 at 3:43:56 am

Hey guys

Thanx for your links to the Everio workflow charts they have been a BIG help ! Im having trouble exporting from FCP tho. I must have tried a combination of just about every codec including the capture presets assigned in the workflow itself. My 'FHD' footage looks immaculate with the HD7 (1920x1080) 60i final cut plugin presets until I export then i get motion blurring lines that look like interlacing around the outside of moving objects. I've tried compressor, quicktime conversion,and quicktime movies Im almost ready to output to DV. Any ideas on either codecs or rather a proper method for exporting sequences while maintaining HD quality ?

Thanx again !

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: HD export
on Jul 9, 2008 at 3:18:28 am

That sounds interesting. Are you sure that the HD7 doesn't record progressive frames? You would loose resolution going from progressive to interlaced but you shouldn't loose tons. Try exporting a progressive file and see if it helps. Try just a short segment first.
If you are sure that it is 60i then try playing the original file through QT to see if it looks the same as what you're getting through FCP and Compressor. Make sense? Hope so, this should let you know if something is set wrong in your sequence or export. With everything set correctly you should not be experiencing huge quality losses with your export. Please let us know what you come with so others can benefit from your findings.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

mathew johnson
Re: HD export
on Jul 13, 2008 at 11:11:25 pm

Thanx John !

Ya you were right. I changed the original conversion of the clip format to 1080p then exported it using the HDV 720 30p codec worked like a charm !

thanx again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]