FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions before purchasing HD200UB

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Peterson
Questions before purchasing HD200UB
on Jul 8, 2008 at 1:25:55 am

I am strongly considering purchasing the HD200UB and I have a couple concerns.

1) In other threads, people have mentioned the lens breathing too much to be acceptable. But they have listed the lens as "the stock 14x lens" The new model HD200UB lists a 16x lens (according to B&H), does this lens still have the same problem?

2) I've seen older threads about Final Cut not able to work with certain recording rates. Is this still a problem? I know I will need to upgrade from Final Cut EXPRESS 2 that I am currently using. I am considering FCE 4, should that work well? Does FCPro 5 or FCP 6 both work well with JVC's codecs?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Johnny Clark
Re: Questions before purchasing HD200UB
on Jul 8, 2008 at 1:54:19 am

The stock lens has always been the Fujinon 16x. Not sure why people are referring to it as a 14x. I would strongly recommend upgrading to a 13x or 18x lens. The 16x is OK but it's not really an HD lens. Why not try it out for yourself though, worst thing to happen is you don't like it.

About the codecs:(720/24, 720/30. 720/60)
FCS2 6.0.2 updates will support all JVC codecs.
FCS2 6.0.3 updates have some issues with JVC codecs.
Not sure about the newest FCE but it looks like it supports a bunch of codecs, should probably find out though. HDV 720/30 is generally not an issue, it's 24p and 60p that start causing problems.

Even if it doesn't support the exact codec, use MPEG Streamclip and convert to something useful.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]