FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC SR-DVM600U disc problem

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Champion
JVC SR-DVM600U disc problem
on Jun 25, 2008 at 6:23:11 pm

I was hoping to have someone help me with this problem, but so far there has been no response. I really need some help:
All I am using this deck for right now is to dub footage from DV tape to DVD. I have been fairly successful in the past, but being new to all of this I can can get snowed under pretty quick. I feel the manual is woefully inadequate to resolve issues. Today I popped in just a regular DV tape to dub to DVD and no matter if I put in a DVD-R or DVD-RW I get the same message - "Can not dub with this disc". What am I doing wrong? Pleas help me, I am getting desperate!!

Return to posts index

johnny clark
Re: JVC SR-DVM600U disc problem
on Jun 25, 2008 at 9:31:47 pm

Hi Randy,
Sorry for not posting sooner. Here are step-by-step instructions involving this process:
http://library.rice.edu/services/digital_media_center/online_guides/equipme...

Johnny C

Return to posts index

Randy Champion
Re: JVC SR-DVM600U disc problem
on Jun 27, 2008 at 4:44:05 pm

Everything works fine up to Step 6. This is where the problem occurs:

"6. Press the “Dubbing” button on the remote (very bottom of remote).
a. Use the arrow keys on the remote to select (“DV --> DVD”), then press
enter.
b. Select “Entire” to dub the entire MiniDV tape and press enter."

When I select the "DV --> DVD" and hit Enter, that is when I get the following message; "Can not dub with this disc". (That really is how they spell "Cannot".) I hit "OK" and it takes me back to the selection page to choose "DV--->DVD" again. I am using Memorex DVD-RW discs and Dynex DVD-R and it doesn't seem make a difference. I have been successful in the past doing dubs, but this one has got me buffaloed! Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]