FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC 30 GB CamCorder

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Propes
JVC 30 GB CamCorder
on Jun 17, 2008 at 5:20:10 am

I posted this message to another forum and was told that someone here may be able to help.
I am brand new to this forum, so be kind to me. I'm also an old guy. Here's my question. I have a JVC 30 G camcorder that I bought about a year and a half ago. I enjoy it, with some reservations. But yesterday I took it up in an open cockpit bi-plane and kept getting a "video failure" message. It would stop recording and ask me if I wanted to repair the video. I'm not sure what the message was. I was having too much fun in the plane that all I did was enter "yes". But I discovered that I did not get any of the video from the flight. Why did this happen? My guess is that there may have been too much buffetting from the 100 MPH wind. Why did this happen? Last year I did a tandom sky dive but did not take the camera. I plan on doing that again and plan on taking the camera. Will I experience the same problem? I don't want to take the camera if it won't work.

Help,

Phil

Phil P

Return to posts index

Dave Sullivan
Re: JVC 30 GB CamCorder
on Jun 19, 2008 at 7:17:34 pm

Ummm, strange one this.
It might be worth reformatting you HD on the camera, or resetting the camera to factory settings, just incase you've changed something by accident. But to be honest I think you might need to get the camera looked at by a repair guy.
I'm so sorry to hear you lost the footage, but by the sound of it you had a great time!!
Let us know how you get on.

All the best

Dave

Creative Cow leader/JVC camera & deck/Apple iphone forum host

Return to posts index

Gary Brown
Re: JVC 30 GB CamCorder
on Jul 16, 2008 at 1:43:17 pm

Douglas Spotted Eagle from VASST told the crowd at NAB a great deal about skydiving and successful capturing. I beleive one of the things I remember is the altitude limitations of HARD DRIVE recorders. They just don't work above certain altitudes. While he was talking specifically about the external units fitted as out-board devices, it was clear that it is an issue with all hard drives. With the external units, the speed to edit is key but there is a large benefit of having a tape backup for when the magic height is attained for that particular drive, or by simply using tape when up in the air. Many are touting the HDR-HC7 as THE helmet camera.

GB-)

"Better, Faster, Cheaper ... Pick Two!"

Gary R. Brown, SCVE
Video Systems Engineer
Portsmouth Public Schools
Portsmouth, Virginia
23704-2135

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]