FORUMS: list search recent posts

BR-HD50 conversion workflows

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxwell Federman
BR-HD50 conversion workflows
on Jun 17, 2008 at 1:19:42 am

Hello

My employer purchased an HD-100 camcorder some time ago. He later bought the BR-HD50 deck.

Initially several tapes were shot using the 24p rate. This causes a problem as our current version of Premier Pro CS3 does not support this rate, at least in terms of actual use.

I have also learned (from a post on this site) about a flaw in the camcorder that explains why the footage breaks up into tiny files when attempting a final cut or media100 capture.

Fortunately we have a AJA Zena card, allowing me to capture media from any type of common input.

I have had success editing projects at 1080/60i within Premier Pro, Media100, Final Cut etc.

I am hoping somebody can provide me with their knowledge of the options for outputting 1080i video out of the BR-HD50.
...the AJA card allows me to capture from any of the deck's output interfaces.

The tapes we intend to capture as 1080i were shot as 720/24p and/or 720/30p

Thanks for taking the time to read this... I really appreciate your help!

Max

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: BR-HD50 conversion workflows
on Jun 19, 2008 at 5:47:38 pm

[Maxwell Federman] "I am hoping somebody can provide me with their knowledge of the options for outputting 1080i video out of the BR-HD50."

look at the booklet/manual that came with it, the deck can output 1080i of your 720P material.

You should not have any problem with premiere cs3 and 24p
if you capture from the camera make sure it has the "A" update.
If from the deck, be sure it has the latest firmware installed.

Return to posts index

Maxwell Federman
on Jun 19, 2008 at 8:49:11 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware that the deck will output 1080, but only via HDMI or Component signal interfaces.

With the AJA card I will be able to capture the HD analog 1080 over Component connection...

But am also considering buying an HDMI capture card to use the HDMI output for capture.

Our camcorder has the "A" upgrade; but after running the online firmware checker the cam (hd-100A) needed an additional update for proper QuickTime functioning. The tapes shot before the update will also need to be captured without Firewire.

I'm hoping that somebody else has had to go through this problem and perhaps tried a HDMI card (such as blackmagic) and can fill me in on the results.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Max

Return to posts index

Tim Robinson
on Jul 7, 2008 at 2:11:58 pm

You need these presets for JVC BR-HD50 deck to capture in 24p in Adobe...
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3409

Capture all 24p in the new presets for JVC HDV 24p projects. Then capture all 30p in a HDV 30p project. Your footage is now able to be played with in it's default system. Premiere should not break up these files. It will digitize over the standard firewire connection.

Tim Robinson

tim@erobinsons.com

Pride-Mobility-Products

Corporate Video Editor

Return to posts index

Gary Brown
on Jul 16, 2008 at 2:17:04 pm

I have three of the hd 250s, and three HD-10s, and feed the Vegas timeline (via ieee 1394) the footage via our BR-HD50s. Vegas then allows me to convert, on output, to nearly any format. Just like it will take nearly any file for inclusion on the timeline. I need to keep my render in 720p for print back out to tape. But I can (and regularly do) output the same project to 1080/60i for BluRay, or WMV, etc for other delivery vehicles. While we chose Vegas because of it's speed and functionaliy, I didn't realize it was saving me time and tylenol here as well.

GB-)

"Better, Faster, Cheaper ... Pick Two!"

Gary R. Brown, SCVE
Video Systems Engineer
Portsmouth Public Schools
Portsmouth, Virginia
23704-2135

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]