FORUMS: list search recent posts

JVC GY HD100 Shelf Life

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Ladd
JVC GY HD100 Shelf Life
on Jun 13, 2008 at 8:26:44 pm

Hello Everybody,

I am about to begin shooting an independent feature length documentary and am considering purchasing a used GY-HD100. The model I am looking at is used and was a rental unit (so I'm sure it has taken a bit of a beating). I'm waiting to hear back about how many drum and fan hours it has and if all of the ports still function (firewire, XLR, ect.). I've heard of quite a few people having issues with this camera, so I just wanted to see what the general consensus is and ask if there is any specific information that I should be asking for or looking into with this used camera. Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: JVC GY HD100 Shelf Life
on Jun 19, 2008 at 5:53:32 pm

see if it has had the "A" upgrade.

Thats about it.

I've had mine for 3 years, it still works very well.

Return to posts index

Dave Sullivan
Re: JVC GY HD100 Shelf Life
on Jun 19, 2008 at 6:44:53 pm

Hello Paul,

I have indeed noticed that quite a few people are currently having issues with some of the early HD-100's, but I can honestly say that i've had very few issues with my HD-100.
I've used my camera in some pretty rank locations, but the camera just keeps running. To date I've shot well over 200 hours of footage on it, and its still going strong......maybe I'm just lucky!!
When purchasing any hire equipment you have to make sure you check everything, and then check it again!!
The sad fact is.....a small percentage of people who hire kit treat it very badly indeed.
The drum hours are critical........getting the heads replaced is not a cheap repair!!

All the best

Dave

Creative Cow leader/JVC camera & deck forum host

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]