FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice needed re JVC purchase

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paddy Uglow
Advice needed re JVC purchase
on May 2, 2008 at 1:01:31 pm

Hi,
I hope someone can help me on this. I've been given a budget to spend on equipment for filming talks and conferences in our spotlit, but usually fairly dim, cinemas and conference spaces.
I currently film using to Canon XM2s, recording directly onto laptops via firewire, getting the sound file later on from a digital recorder.
I'm thinking a couple of JVC hd110 cameras would be great: nearly all our footage is primarily for use on computers rather than TV, so the 720p of the JVCs sounds excellent - I hate seeing all those crisp frames with comb-tooth edges, turning into blurry stills when I deinterlace.
I currently edit in FCP 5, but I expect to swap to Premiere Pro.
I need to know: i) Can I record straight out of the firewire sockets to a laptop with the JVCs (like I currently do with the XM2s)?. ii) Can I import that footage from disk into Premiere Pro without lots of rendering/conversion issues?
iii) Will the JVCs plug into a "normal" USB or Firewire drive and record to a format I can use?
iv) Have I missed anything?
I love the sharp stills I saw in a review of the HD100. I was also looking at the Panasonic HVX200. Any opinions?
Thanks for your help
- Paddy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]