FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode + picture lost on rushes

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hugh hartford
timecode + picture lost on rushes
on Apr 14, 2008 at 9:54:05 am

I am trying to rescue the last few tapes of some rushes shot on JVC GY101e at HDV 720 25p. The camera gave a tape head cleaning warning so we used a second camera. Now on a BR-50 deck the tapes either have no timecode and bluescreen or timecode with 100% block noise. I know the tapes have had good image recorded on them because we checked them back during the shoot. It is only now that some are aparently either blank or completely pixelated. Any suggestions other than start again?

Return to posts index

Dave Sullivan
Re: timecode + picture lost on rushes
on Apr 29, 2008 at 10:00:24 pm

Hello Hugh,

I really hate to say this, but it does appear that your tapes might be damaged.
The fact that the tapes played back during the shoot, on the surface seems like good news, but the tapes could have been damaged by whatever caused the head cleaning warning to appear.
As you've tried the tapes on a deck, and you have severe issues with playback things don't look good I'm sorry to say.
Have you tried to run a tape through the first cam, to see if you are able to play the footage on the deck? It might be worth doing.
Also, have the tapes been exposed to a magnetic field by any chance? strong magnetic fields would cause the same picture break-up, etc.......just a thought.
If it is at all possible I would shoot the footage again, rather than try and save footage that you have already shot.
Hope the above has been of some help.

Regards & best wishes

Dave

Creative Cow leader/JVC forum host

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]