video capturing

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
qasim shah
video capturing
on Apr 3, 2008 at 4:12:50 pm

hi people,
im new in the field of editing
since i'v been using JVC (GR-AXM407), i wanted to transfer my home videos captured by JVC (GR-AXM407) to my computer,so i purchased "Play TV PRO" pixel view, n i tried to capture the videos via s-video and i had a very bad experience as the quality of the videos are too bad; pixels are damaged, too much blur, but i need the same results as i see these videos on my JVC (GR-AXM407), can any 1 suggest me something in this regard,
suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave Sullivan
Re: video capturing
on Apr 3, 2008 at 5:42:03 pm

Hello Qasim,

The camera you are using is a compact VHS machine, and as such the footage is bound to be a bit on the soft side/pixelated when played back on a Mac monitor.
Could you please let me have a bit more info....ie: What capture settings are you using?, etc, etc.

All the best

Dave

Forum host/Creative Cow leader

Return to posts index

karen peeters
Re: video capturing
on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:32:40 pm

Hello,

I am also new to video editing. I'm buying a book tomorrow but right now I know next to nothing about this media. I recently started a project for which I used a sony fx1 camcorder. I filmed in HDV format and I'm quite sure the settings I used were correct since I had someone more experienced with me. I captured the images in real time on to my mac computer, using the camcorder and adobe premiere pro. Now when I look at the images on my computer they are pixeled and thus blurry. Is there something I did wrong recording or capturing? I have no camera of my own so I'm also hoping that there are other devices not so expensive that I can use to capture my video again... and when I do, are there certain settings I should pay attention to?

thanx, karen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]