FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you recommend a JVC Camera Repair shop in Los Angeles?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Escher
Can you recommend a JVC Camera Repair shop in Los Angeles?
on Mar 22, 2008 at 6:23:56 pm

Hi there,

I just opened my camera case and found that the tape transport mechanism was messed up. I've tried to finesse it as much as I could but the damn thing is beyond my capabilities. Does anyone know of a trustworthy, relatively inexpensive repair house that can take my GY-HD100U to in the LA area that you have good experiences with?

Thanks,

Michael Escher
LA, CA, USA, Earth

Return to posts index

Michael Escher
Re: Can you recommend a JVC Camera Repair shop in Los Angeles?
on Mar 22, 2008 at 9:44:38 pm

PS- I'd like to add that I'd prefer going to an independent repair shop as opposed to the JVC corporate shop since the camera is out of warrantee.

Michael Escher

Return to posts index

Tamim Amini
on Mar 24, 2008 at 6:10:45 am

Hey bro it is ok you will be just fine here is same info JVC Factory Service Center
5665 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
800) 252-5722

Return to posts index

Michael Escher
on Mar 24, 2008 at 11:54:07 pm

You know, you are right Tamim. I called a non factory repair place and they told me that their service charge was $150 hour. I then took the camera down to Cypress (I live in Hollywood) and found out from the woman at the repair desk that JVC charges only $125 an hour!!!

Makes me feel a lot happier about getting the repair done for less and it's genuine factory service. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Michael Escher

Return to posts index

Tamim Amini
on Mar 25, 2008 at 1:20:31 am

hey bro now you should be happy that you have JVC camera that you can just drive to the repair ship if that was a sony camera they are not in California you have to mail the camera i am happy for you take care bro keep in toch .

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:55:21 pm

$125 dollars an hour!? How many hours do they usually take to fix something? In this age of increased gas prices, food prices, all prices, I don't see how that's even a good thing. 150 to 125 would be like having to choose to have your hand stomped on or your foot stomped on. Not much of a difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]