FORUMS: list search recent posts

The difference between PAL & NTSC models JVC HD200

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Starr
The difference between PAL & NTSC models JVC HD200
on Mar 18, 2008 at 8:15:37 pm

Can anyone tell me the difference between the JVC GY-HD200UP & the JVC GY-HD200U?

So what I gather is for HDV both cameras offer identical frame rates. The B&H site below lists identical specs for both PAL & NTSC versions in the signal system. Is price the only difference?

The SPECS FROM THE B&H PHOTO SITE say:

"DV/HDV Recording Formats: 720/24p, 720/25p, 720/30p, 720/50p, 720/60p, 480/24p, 480/60i"

Return to posts index

johnny clark
Re: The difference between PAL & NTSC models JVC HD200
on Mar 19, 2008 at 4:44:08 am

They are different.
Just make sure that you always stick with electronics that are designed for your region.
They don't just make PAL for the fun of it.

Johnny C

Return to posts index

Jackie Starr
on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:32:15 pm

Easy for you to say if you live in the USA. These cameras cost about double in Europe. If I only plan on shooting HDV with the JVC I don't see any difference. The specs at the retailer's site are vague and the specs on JVC's site don't exist.

Does anybody own these two cameras? Any difference?

Return to posts index

Peter Ward
on Apr 22, 2008 at 8:04:45 pm

This is probably too late to help the enquirer but I'll mention it in case other have the same question in future. There is NO DIFFERENCE when shooting HDV. Just be sure to use the appropriate frame rate (i.e., 25/50p in 50Hz countries).* However the NTSC model will not play or record PAL DV (I own the 110U and have tested this). Based on this, I assume the 110/111 PAL models will not play or record NTSC. In other words, if you will only use the camera for shooting HDV buying an NTSC model to use in Europe will not be a problem.

Incidentally, the Sony EX1 is 100% PAL/NTSC agnostic (again uses of appropriate frame rate is recommended.

*Video shot at 25p on the NTSC model outputs through component as 50p, i.e., as "PAL", according to my Sony Luma. Therefor monitoring should not be an issue either.

Peter

JVC ProHD HD110U
17" Sony Luma 720p monitor
Final Cut Studio 2
MacBook Pro Core Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM

Return to posts index

Jackie Starr
on Apr 24, 2008 at 4:17:40 pm

Thanks for the real world experience feedback Peter. Not too late! -Jim

Return to posts index

ale hart
on May 16, 2008 at 2:22:19 am

Hi, I have the same question and I think I hasnĀ“t been answered yet. The question is this: when I shoot in a HD200U (supposed to be "NTSC") in 25p what kind of signal I get in a monitor, PAL or NTSC??? I mean a common interlaced monitor.

Thanks!!!

ale H., Argentina.

PD sorry for my english...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]