FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dallas Ft. Worth area JVC repair for old stuff?

COW Forums : JVC cameras/decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Dallas Ft. Worth area JVC repair for old stuff?
on Mar 12, 2008 at 5:45:09 pm

I have a JVC DV300U that still records an awesome picture and audio as long as you have an external XLR mic.

But the main mic is broke off

The zoom and wide function needs to be cleaned

The glass eye piece is loose

The rubber protector piece on the eye piece is missing

The record button on the back is busted

I can't get anybody at JVC to call back even after leaving messages. I was told it's probably because JVC would rather sell me a newer more expensive camera rather than repair an older one.

Somebody mentioned an independant shop in Dallas. I called them and they quoted 800 dollars to fix it.

So I'm still shopping around.

Thanks for any leads.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: Dallas Ft. Worth area JVC repair for old stuff?
on Mar 20, 2008 at 11:36:00 pm

Anybody who might have missed this post? Just checking back, just in case.

Thanks,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Mar 21, 2008 at 6:52:25 pm

Does this post get put back to the top when replied to? If not I'm not sure how people see it if it stays in the order it was posted . . which means it's in the very back and people aren't even seeing it now.

BUT if that's not the case and people do see it . . if you don't know of anybody in the DFW area, is there a secret Batline I can call JVC at to get somebody to talk to me or return my calls when I leave a message?

Return to posts index

Jack McGee
on Mar 28, 2008 at 8:40:29 pm

The last authorized JVC repair facility in DFW to my knowlege was Electronic Shop and they closed their doors a couple of years ago.

JVC has the worst phone support for tech support. I have no suggestions on how to get a human on the phone for tech support on professional JVC product.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:50:49 pm

Thanks Mr. McGee,
I can not argue with what you've stated. I just did not want to get any hate responses for saying it :)

ECI video and some other mom n pop repair shops have been suggested to me. But price quotes have ranged from 800 to 900 dollars.

If paying that means I don't have to buy another 2000 dollar camera (for now), I'll go ahead and pay it.

It's just trusting the workmanship that concerns me. I don't want to pay that money and then the repairs be sloppy since this is not considered an old camera.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Apr 23, 2008 at 4:30:34 pm

I meant to type that since this is NOW considered an older camera. That W and T always get me when I type that word for some reason :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]